Weekly Things To Do in the Summer
From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the valley offers a daily diet of unique activities.
While there are numerous special events, fairs, concerts, festivals and other happenings occurring every summer in and around Jackson Hole, there are also entertaining daily staples on the scene here. Check out our list of regular things to do Monday through Sunday.
- The Jackson Hole Hootenanny is a beloved, decades-long, year-round tradition at Dornan’s in Moose. A free open mic format with the feel of a concert, the “Hoot” starts at 6 p.m. with the Grand Teton and her jaggedy-peaked sisters watching over the entertainment; it’s an enviable view. dornans.com
- Jackson Hole Historical Society: The Past Comes Alive@Five: Starting June 26th at the Village Commons in Teton Village, “The Past Comes Alive” will be presented weekly from 5 to 5:45 p.m. Storytellers, mountain music and folk artists share the best of the historic west. Step back in Jackson time, tap your foot to the western beat, belly laugh with valley legends or take home an arrowhead created by a master flintknapper. jacksonholehistory.org
- “Bluegrass Tuesdays” with local favorite One Ton Pig at the Silver Dollar Showroom in the Wort Hotel. In addition to enjoying the music, give the two-step and other western dancing genres a whirl, or simply watch the regulars cut a rug. worthotel.com
- The Jackson Hole People’s Market is located at the base of Snow King Mountain from 4 to 7 p.m. Find local meat, vegetables, prepared foods, beer and wares created by local artisans. This is a zero-waste market, so please bring your own bag and cup. jhpeoplesmarket.org
- Jackson Hole Rodeo: No visit to Jackson would be complete without experiencing the rodeo that is more than 100 years old. This quintessential Western event starts at 8 p.m. at Teton County Fairgrounds. Crowds start showing up at 7:15, so plan accordingly for the best seat in the arena. The cost is $20 for adults, $15 kids 3 to 15 and children age 2 and under are admitted free. jhrodeo.com
- Solar astronomy program: Throughout the summer, Wyoming Stargazing will be offering free solar astronomy programs during the People’s Market. Using their solar telescopes, they’ll safely show you sunspots, solar prominences and much more. wyomingstargazing.org
- Jackson Hole Gallery Association’s Art Walk: On the third Thursday of the month head into town after a day in the park for gallery openings, artist demos and more from 5 to 8 p.m. June 21, July 19, August 16. jacksonholegalleryassociation.com
- Alive@5: Wild Things of Wyoming: From 5 to 5:45 p.m., starting June 28th and continuing through August, Wild Things of Wyoming will bring an interactive and engaging experience about the animals who make Wyoming their home at the Village Commons in Teton Village. Free. jacksonhole.com
- Learn to dance at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar: Free dance lessons are offered every Thursday at the iconic bar starting at 7:30 p.m. and ending at 9 p.m. when the band starts. The instructors teach the Western Swing and the Texas Two Step. Just show up on the dance floor with your dancing boots on and they’ll have you swinging in no time. milliondollarcowboybar.com
- Jackson Hole Rodeo every Friday during July and August at 8 p.m. jhrodeo.com
- Stargazing with Wyoming Stargazing at the Center for the Arts. On Fridays from 9 to 11 p.m. on the lawn outside the Center, astronomers from Wyoming Stargazing will have a Dobsonian telescope to look at planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies and more! There will also be several iPads with the Star Walk application installed. wyomingstargazing.org
- The Jackson Hole Farmer’s Market on Town Square, open from 8 a.m. to noon, starts July 7th. A wide variety of vendors sell fresh produce, herbs, fresh baked breads, homemade pies, home baked goods, locally raised beef, cheese, honey, flowers and much more. In addition to shopping for farm fresh produce and home baked goods, enjoy great live music performed by local musicians. Every week a Jackson Hole restaurant is highlighted at the Chef of the Week booth. The chefs prepare and donate a sampling from their restaurant menus. jacksonholefarmersmarket.org
- Jackson Hole Rodeo, 8 p.m. jhrodeo.com
- Attend “Church” at the Stagecoach Bar in Wilson. From 6 to 10 p.m. you can enjoy the music of the world-famous Stagecoach Band which has been playing at the ‘Coach for nearly 50 years. Try the Texas Two Step with real and wanna-be cowboys. stagecoachbar.net
- Concerts on the Commons: Great food, beer, wine and drinks from Jackson Hole vendors accompany these free weekly outdoor concerts on Sundays, featuring local, regional and national musicians. The series is offered every week at 5 p.m., starting in early July. It continues through August. concertsoncommons.com
For more information see our Jackson Hole Calendar of Events.