Super Bowl in the Hole
Are you going to be in Jackson Hole on Super Bowl Sunday? Here are 8 great places to watch all the action on the gridiron between the Pats and the Eagles.
If you’re going to be on vacation in Jackson Hole on Feb. 4th—and if you’re a football fan (even for just one day a year!)—you’ll probably want to know where to go to watch Super Bowl 23. Have no fear: We’ve found 8 great places for you to Super Bowl in the Hole.
Conveniently, Super Bowl’s kickoff time coincides with après ski: 4:30 p.m. MT. Which means you have time to change out of your ski garb and throw on your team’s jersey. Or, you can choose not to wiggle out of your snow pants at all; it depends on where you happen to be that afternoon.
- Mangy Moose Saloon: Located at the base of the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, the Moose will welcome football fans clad in ski gear (boots, too!), if that’s how you choose to roll in. The game will be playing on seven TVs, including the gigantic screen above the stage. Also on tap are drink and food specials. 307-733-4913
- Haydens Post Restaurant: Plan to ski at Snow King Mountain Resort and then watch the Super Bowl at Haydens Post, located right at the base of the mountain inside the Snow King Hotel. In addition to locally sourced American fare, Haydens also serves up 280-degree views of the surrounding mountains, an expansive deck, Western accents, wood fireplaces and 5 TV’s. Specials on Sunday include $5 draft beer and PBR draft for only $3. There will also be a raffle featuring a pair of skis, a snowboard, some coolers and more. 307-734-3187
- Pinsetter Restaurant at Hole Bowl: Hole Bowl is Jackson’s newest hangout. Located in the Powderhorn Mall, plan to spend the day there with family and friends on the bowling lanes and enjoying arcade games, shuffleboard and pool tables. There are plenty of flat screens to keep track of all the action, and the restaurant features a full menu as well as a special kids’ offering. 307-201-5426
- Cutty’s Bar & Grill: A real local hangout, Cutty’s is at the corner of highways 89 and 22 (1140 West Hwy. 22). The game will be playing on the bar’s 11 TV screens. Football-viewing fuel can be found in Cutty’s famous variety of cheese steaks as well as other pub fare. 307-201-1079
- Silver Dollar Bar: Super Bowlers can belly up to the infamous 2,032 Morgan silver dollar-embedded Silver Dollar Bar, located in the historic Wort Hotel off Town Square, as well as take a seat at a table for food specials while rooting for the Eagles or the Pats. The game will be on numerous TVs, plus two extra big screens—one placed in the middle of the original, older bar area and one in the new Silver Dollar Showroom. 307-733-2190
- Snake River Brewery: Jackson Hole’s oldest and largest craft brewery will not only have a variety of its ales and lagers on tap, but also special bar bites deals. Fourteen HD flat screen TVs are hung everywhere for your viewing pleasure. The full dinner menu will also be available. 307-739-BEER (2337)
- Moe’s Original Bar-B-Que: Football and barbecue go hand-in-hand and Moe’s on Cache Street is happy to oblige you with both. This easygoing chain serves up Alabama-style pulled pork and other meats smoked in-house. Stir in high-def TV’s plus an extensive “adult beverage” list and you are in Super Bowl heaven. 307-733-6637
- Lift: Located at the base of Snow King Mountain (645 South Cache St.), the Lift restaurant will treat football fans to food and drink specials while they watch the Big Game on any of the 6 TVs—5 in bar area and another in the front corner of the restaurant. 307-733-5438