Cache Creek Trails – Mountain Biking
Cache Creek is one of the best places in Jackson to go on a mountain bike ride. Whether you are a beginner or advanced rider, there is something here for you.
- Go to a local bike shop and rent either a full suspension or hard tail mountain bike, either will suffice for these trails. A great place in town to rent is Hoback Sports, located just off of Broadway/Hwy 89 in a shopping complex.
- Pick up some snacks and carry at least 2L of water, per person. I personally prefer a camelback or hydration pack for easy access.
- Ride or drive to the Cache Creek Trailhead! If you ride from town, get onto Snow King Ave. and head east, there will be green signs indicating where you need to go. The road will turn into dirt and pass a few residences and then end at the trailhead.
- From here you can take Putt Putt for beginner to intermediate riding, which is mostly single track with a couple of small rocky sections. Another popular route for more seasoned bikers is to head east on the old fire road and take a right onto Hagen and either go up Ferrins or back down to the parking lot, this trail is fun and has a lot of climbing.
- Keep in mind any of these can become a loop and if singletrack is not sitting well with you, you can ride up the old dirt road and take it easy.
- 3hr. Bike Rental Price: $49 (hardtail), $59 (full-suspension)
- Putt Putt Trail Mileage: 4.2 miles
- Hagen to Ferrins Mileage: 5.9 miles
- Cache Creek Sidewalk Mileage: 1.2 miles
- Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate